Terms and Conditions
1. General provisions
1.1 These terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) specify the rules of the programming contest called Travelling Salesman Challenge 2.0 (the “Contest”) which is available at kiwi2018.sphere-contest.com and travellingsalesman.kiwi.com (the “Website”). The Contest is organized by Kiwi.com s.r.o., a private limited company existing and organised under the laws of the Czech Republic, having its registered office at Brno, Palachovo namesti 797/4, Postcode: 625 00, the Czech Republic, Company Identification No. (IČO): 293 52 886, registered in the Commercial Register maintained by the Regional Court in Brno in Section under the registration file number C 74565 (the “Organizer”).
2. Contest and evaluation period
2.1 The Contest period commences on 9 October 2018 and ends on 29 October 2018 at 22:59 UTC. The evaluation period will take place from 30 October 2018 to 4 November 2018.
3. Contest participation
3.1. Participation in the Contest is free of charge, voluntary and it is open to any natural person who is at least 18 years old and has a full legal capacity (the “Participant”); however, the Participants must form a team of two or three Participants (the “Team”). No individual registration is allowed for the Contest.
3.2 Employees of the Organizer or the company Sphere Research Labs Sp. z o.o. cannot participate in the Contest. The same applies to their family members.
4. Contest rules
4.1. To enter the Contest, the Team has to properly fill in and submit the application form on the Website and consent to the Terms and Conditions.
4.2. Each Team may not own, create, or use more than one account on the Contest. Any changes to the Team composition upon submitting the application form is prohibited.
4.3. The Teams are required to solve and submit the solution (source code) of the Contest problems (the “Solution”) at the Website within the Contest period. The Teams can use their own preferred IDE or Text Editor to solve the Contest problems. It is allowed to use all popular programming languages (e.g. Java, C#, C++, Python, Ruby and Haskell) and standard programming libraries. The Teams should not import nor include externally downloaded libraries in their Solutions. The Teams can submit their Solutions as many times as they need to. Except for this constraint, there are no penalties for incorrect submissions. Only the best correct Solution of each Team will be considered. The Solutions are tested by a computer automatically, not by a human being, and has to be written accordingly.
4.4 The Solutions will be evaluated based on correctness and efficiency, as stated in the rules of a specific problem. In case of a tie, the Solution submitted earlier shall be considered better. The prizes will be granted to the Teams, whose Solutions are evaluated the highest by the evaluating platform. All Solutions shall be evaluated according to the criteria described in the Development Phase that are accessible after successful login to the Website. The decision of the evaluating platform is final and irrevocable.
4.5 Any sort of dishonesty will lead to immediate disqualification of the Team in question. Any Team will be disqualified if (i) any of its Participant uses any copyrighted code in the Contest; or (ii) the Solution violates any third parties’ rights.
4.6 The Participants’ names will not be disclosed on the leaderboard during the Contest, but the Teams agree to display its username on the leaderboard and ranking lists.
4.7 The Participants’ property rights to their Solutions created during the Contest remain with the Participants.
5. Prizes and ceremony
5.1 On 5 November 2018, the top 10 Teams will be announced on the Website. The Participants of these 10 top Teams will be invited to the final Gala prize giving in Prague (the Czech Republic) which will take place on 9 November 2018. The top 3 Teams will be announced at the final Gala prize giving.
5.2 The Organizer will provide the Participants of the top 10 Teams who are not resident in the Czech Republic with accommodation in Prague from 9 November 2018 until 11 November 2018. Each Participant of the top 10 Teams will be given a travelling voucher of €100.
5.3 The prizes for the best 3 (three) Teams in the Contest are as follows:
a) 1st place: fly tickets for each member of the Team in the amount corresponding to the price of the trip around the world (visit of 6 different continents - Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania, South America and North America) based on the winner Team’s Solution; however, if the price of such fly tickets for each member of the Team is less than €1,500, then every member of the Team will receive €1,500 in Kiwi.com travel vouchers. At the same time, if the price of such fly tickets for each member of the Team is more than €3,000, then every member of the Team will receive €3,000 in Kiwi.com travel vouchers. All the tickets or vouchers will be valid until the end of 2019.
b) 2nd place: €1,000 in Kiwi.com travel vouchers for a Team,
c) 3rd place: €600 in Kiwi.com travel vouchers for a Team.
5.4 Teams placed 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be invited to visit Brno offices of the Organizer.
6. Other provisions
6.1 The Organizer reserves all rights to the Contest.
6.2 The Organizer reserves the right to, without compensation and at any time, unilaterally change or to supplement the Terms and Conditions as well as to interrupt or terminate the Contest.
6.3 In case of breach of any provision of the Terms and Conditions or the applicable laws by any Participant, the Organizer shall reserve the right to disqualify such Participant and/or his/her Team.
6.4 If a winning Team fails to comply with any provision of the Terms and Conditions or it is not reasonably possible for the Organizer to contact the winning Team, such Team will be considered to have forfeited the prize. In such case, the prize will be awarded to the Team with the next best Solution as previously determined by the Organizer.
6.5 The Participants are solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes that result from their receipt and/or use of the prizes.
For the sake of your safety, in connection with the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 EU of 27 April 2016, hereinafter: "GDPR", coming into force starting from 25 May 2018, below we present information and rules for the processing of your personal data.
The Controller of the personal data that you provide is Kiwi.com s.r.o. with its registered office at Brno, Palachovo namesti 797/4, Postcode: 625 00, the Czech Republic, ID No. 293 52 886, Company Identification No. (IČO): 293 52 886, registered in the Commercial Register maintained by the Regional Court in Brno in Section under the registration file number C 74565. The Controller can be contacted at the postal address of the Controller's office, electronically via e-mail sent to: email@example.com in all matters relating to the processing of personal data and the use of rights related to the processing of personal data.
Your data can be processed based on:
- the Controller's legitimate interest (article 6 paragraph 1 point f of GDPR, separately for:
- the marketing of the Controller's products and services, where the Controller's legitimate interest is to conduct direct marketing of the Controller's own products and services;
- pursuing claims related to the concluded agreement, where the Controller's legitimate interest is the ability to pursue and protect against any claims;
- indispensability of said data to perform the agreement or to take actions before its conclusion (article 6 paragraph 1 point b of GDPR, concluded separately for the purpose of:
- User account registration;
- giving consent by ticking the respective box (article 6 paragraph 1 point a of GDPR) in order to receive commercial information about the products and services of Kiwi.com. Failure to agree to the processing of personal data for this purpose will result in the refusal to send marketing information;
- giving consent by ticking the respective box (article 6 paragraph 1 point a of GDPR) in order to receive information about opened positions at Kiwi.com. Failure to agree to the processing of personal data for this purpose will result in the refusal to send such information.
Information about the requirement to provide data
Providing personal data indicated in this application is voluntary, but in the scope of:
- username, name, surname, password, e-mail address—necessary to register the User's account. Not submitting the above data in the form will result in rejection of the online application for the registration of the User's account.
- e-mail address—necessary to send marketing information and information about opened positions at Kiwi.com via these communication channels.
Period of data processing
Your data collected in order to register your account, will be processed for a period until we receive your statement about your wish to delete the account. The relevant statement may be submitted in writing or via the website or e-mail. Personal data will be kept until any claims have expired.
The Controller will stop processing data for the purpose of marketing of products and services of Kiwi.com, if you object to the processing of data for these purposes. In the event of personal data being processed for marketing purposes, based on your consent, your data will be stored until your consent is withdrawn. The same applies to the processing of personal data for the purposes of informing you about opened positions at Kiwi.com.
Your personal data may be transferred to IT service providers, where such entities process data on the basis of agreements concluded with the Contoller and only in accordance with the Controller's instructions.
You have the following rights depending on the legal basis of the processing:
- access the content of your data, demand its rectification, deletion or limitation of its processing;
- object to the processing of personal data to the extent that the basis for the processing of personal data is the legitimate interest of the Controller;
- in a case where consent is the basis for processing, you can withdraw it at any time. Withdrawal of consent will not affect the compliance with the law of the processing done prior to the withdrawal of consent;
- transfer personal data, i.e. to receive information from the Controller about the personal data being processed, in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format, to the extent that your data is being processed in order to conclude and perform the agreement or on the basis of consent.
- file a complaint to the Office for Personal Data Protection, if you decide that the processing of your personal data violates the provisions of the GDPR.
In order to exercise the above rights, please contact the Controller at the address for correspondence, via e-mail or via the contact form available on the website.